The Newest in Dinosaur Backpacks: MadPax Spiketus Rex
MadPax is the big name in luggage, backpacks and lunch bags these days and if you’re looking for dinosaur backpacks then you’re going to be impressed with the MadPax Luggage Spiketus Rex Fullpack Bag. With one large center cavity and two smaller side pockets this is the perfect bookbag for everyday school use…although whether schools will actually let your child through the door with a spiky backpack on is another matter. You really can’t blame them though, it seems that everything is going to hell in a hand basket these days and given the choice I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t want a kid in a dinosaur backpack sending me there early.
The Pros of Dinosaur Backpacks from MadPax
There seem to be a couple of dinosaur themed bags from Madpax and I have found a few “pros” to them.
- The dinosaur spikes are cool and there is no denying it.
- The range of colors include: lime, aqua, black, orange pink and purple – although they all have really nifty names like “orange peel.”
- They make the perfect gift for dinosaur lovers.
- These dinosaur backpacks are trendy enough for older kids to style them as well.
- Padded shoulders and center strap make this a comfortable pack to wear.
The Cons of Dinosaur Backpacks from MadPax
Unfortunately, I have a few cons with these dinosaur backpacks from Madpax as well.
- These packs are quite pricey and tend to average at around $50 for the full sized Spiketus Rex Fullpack Bag.
- The MadPax backpacks are made from PVC which can tear easily with rough wear although very few poor reviews exist on the durability of the product to date.
- The popularity of MadPax is skyrocketing making them quite difficult to find locally and they tend to sell out online quickly.
My Final Thoughts on the MadPax Dinosaur Backpacks
I really like the unique style to the MadPax Luggage Spiketus Rex Fullpack Bag and as a novelty type of gift I would consider it if it had a lower price point just because I’m a dinosaur nerd. Perhaps if I had a child I’d contemplate purchasing this backpack at its full price but I wouldn’t be doing it for any other reason but for the novelty factor. I’m not really familiar with the MadPax brand which would make me a little nervous as far as the durability of the pack – particularly when dropping $50. For the time being, at least until the price on these dinosaur backpacks drops, I’ll stick with my Oakley backpack for travel.
Take a look at the MadPax dinosaur backpacks range on Amazon